Sofia Space Week is organized for the first time in Bulgaria, under the auspices of Ministry of Economy. The event includes several important elements such as two international Hackatons (ActInSpace 2020 and Copernicus Hackaton Sofia 2020) – aimed at developing innovative potential and entrepreneurship in Bulgaria, an Exhibition “New technologies and innovations 4.0 – with the participation of leading companies in the aerospace sector and the second conference “Balkan from Space – 4.0: Sustainable Future through Research, Innovation, Data and Entrepreneurship” and will ensure platform for exchange between wide range of international experts, researchers, decision makers at political level, industry representatives, users of space applications and non-governmental organization.
Over the last decade many sectors of the European economy have become increasingly reliant on satellite data, especially those in transport, logistics, agriculture, telecommunications, energy and many others. The opportunities offered by the European space programmes – Galileo, EGNOS and Copernicus contribute for enhancing Europe‘s competitiveness and sustainable development.
The main pillars of the conference are dedicated to:
- Space for better future – EU space research and innovation policy to support Green deal, Digital economy and Prosperity.
- New ecosystems for sustainable growth – supporting accelerated economic development and addressing sustainability, green and inclusive growth.
- Space solutions for Sustainable Balkans – regional perspectives including Danube and Black Sea.
- Space R&D, Digitalisation and Innovation – smart solution to address societal challenges
- Bulgarian Space Policy fit for Future – focus on Bulgarian future Space Strategy.
The Conference will cover various space-related topics that interest different audiences, from policy-makers to start-ups, the public authorities to industry stakeholders, as well as will contribute for increasing awareness for possibilities for space innovation and solutions.